Sunday 17 August 2014

For the love of Ole Henriksen ♥♥

Hi dolls; hope you are all doing well; I am so sorry that I have been MIA for over 2 of weeks or so. If you follow me on Instagram then you know I went to Paris for about 5 days and I was too busy before I left to upload; sowwyyy but please make sure you follow me on social media so you are always updated.


So today we are talking about skincare and more specifically an amazing brand; Ole Henriksen!
I was first introduced to this by Fleur on youtube and she was raving about how amazing the wipes were. So imagine my surprise when I saw this at work and I was like YASSS girl; so I started trying out these products since April and I am hooked.
All Ole's products are spa products (he has any spas in America) and for skincare products to be used in a spa it has to be top quality with no parabens, SLS and all the nasty stuff like Elemis spa.
So rest assured; all his products that contain SPF are also 'skin cancer friendly' meaning they are recommended by the skin cancer foundation and people under going cancer treatment can also use it showing how top quality the products.


I will now go into a bit of detail about some of these products which are my faves; what their benefits are and how I use them. The first thing I started using was the African red tea foaming cleanser and this is a sulphate free cleanser packed full of vitamin C, this cleanser is packed with naturally anti-oxidant African red tea and I love this cos it gently cleanses your skin without leaving it tight.

Then there's the powerful duo; the Truth serum collagen booster and the Pure youth activating oil; these two work together like a charm and give your skin the best of both worlds.
The serum is packed full of vitamin C which smoothes out lines and wrinkles and it also keeps the skin nourished and protected; it also smells amazing. Serums are amazing and effective because they can get into the deeper layers of the skin.
 The youth activating oil is absolutely amazing because it contains Omega 3, 6 & 9 which deeply nourishes and hydrates the skin. It also contains 100% rose-hip oil which is just miraculous because it retexturises your skin and repairs it. 
Quick tip/fact : a lot of people use pure rose-hip oil to fade surgery scars.


I have personally noticed a massive difference since I started using this combo because as someone with normal-oily skin I stayed away from oils but this helps to balance the oil production in my skin and it makes my skin much more radiant.
I use the serum and oil combo both in the AM and PM. In the morning I follow with the Sheer transformation moisturiser, this is oil-free and very light weight so it works well for normal to oily skin  types. It contains vitamin C which stimulates stimulates collagen production, fruit acids which retexturises. This moisturiser also contains licorice (yes the sweet lol) which soothes the skin and prevents discolouration and evens the skin tone. I actually love this  moisturiser and I am on my second tub; Lookfantastic has a really big tub and I want to invest in it so it can last longer.


All the empty bits that I have used up; it shows that I am indeed loving this brand.
I wanna talk about the Lemon Strip flash peel next; I use this once every 2 weeks or so; its literally like a facial at home. This peel has lactic, glycolic and fruit acids which work to exfoliate and resurface the skin whilst having algae extract to calm and soothe the skin. They also have licorice extract reduce and brigten dark spots. This peel stings for about 5-10secs when you first put it on because of all the acids but after that it;s ok; you can keep it on for 10 minutes but I always like to keep it on for longer so that it really works into all the 5 layers of my skin.


This face scrub is amazing; its the Walnut complexion scrub and it smells heavenly (if you see this anywhere please smell it). This scrub has ground walnut powder which foams up when it comes in contact with water and it serves to exfoliate your skin and aids skin renewal. It also contains aloe vera and chamomile which soothes, calms and moisturises. It also has ginseng to increase cellular energy and microcirculation and gives the 'awake' look as you know if you have heard about all the Origins ginseng collection.
I love to use this 2-3 times a week before I use my masks; exfoliating before a mask always helps to make the mask more effective.


Last but not least are the face wipes which is how I got to hear about them in thee firsts place; I love the wipes but they are so expensive £12 for 30 so I only use them on special occasions lol.
There are 3 different types as you can see and I love all of them; they are like my babies.
This is the few stuff from Ole that I love I also want to try a lot more of their products of course. 

P.s. Mary from youtube did a blog post about Ole and also mentioned it in this video.
And you're all in luck cos Lookfantastic is havin a 3for2 offer on Ole Henriksen so you can get value for your money ladies; I hope the offer is still on when I get paid so I can get my fix.

Have you ever used anything from Ole Henriksen before?
If so what have you used? If not what would you like to try?
Please comment below.
Afeeyah xo


Have a blessed week :)

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Don't worry about the blog silence - holidays and living life should always come first!! Great review, love Ole's stuff - I got the chance to meet him last year too and he is super nice!

    Love Zoe x
    Face Value Beauty Blog : Makeup & Money by Zoe Dubs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zoe; I can't believe you met him; am so jealous :)
      xx

      Delete

Please leave comments, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments and if you like this blog then please follow :)

© Fashion, Beauty & Me. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig