Hey loves; it's Festival Season! There have been so many festivals and I am planning on going to a local one possibly before the end of summer; and you know with being in the UK, summer is almost over :(
I love doing my makeup for occasions all the time and suprise suprise I love Festival makeup too, you can go bold and get away with it.
Today's post is in collaboration with House of Fraser to get the perfect Festival makeup and how to. Let's get started!
*resting b*tch face on FLEEK*
Now festivals are an all day type thing and sometimes it rains so you need your makeup to last ALL day. Let's start with the eyes.
1. I used the Urban Decay eye primer potion* to prime my eyelids to keep the eyshadow on ALL day.
2. I then followed with some brown shadows for my crease (caramel & sierra by Anastasia Beverley Hills - ABH) and the gold colour was from Charlotte Tillbury's dolce vita palette.
3. Eyeliner is Wet n Wild eyeliner and lashes are Vegas Nay 'Grand Glamour'. P.s. just use a white eyeliner to do the dots. I was tempted to go overboard with the white dots but I was like nah girl, chill!
1. I primed with Kiko Mat base primer, if you're oily this should be your best friend. If you're not oily try getting a normal primer as primers are really helpful in giving you long lasting makeup.
2. This foundation from Mac is possibly the star of the show; it is the Prolong wear waterproof foundation * and guess what, it's actually waterproof; I had a smudge on my hand and after a long day of washing my hands, doing dishes and all the rest, the smudge was still there. (I will do a proper review soon). Btw am in NW50.
3. Highlight and conceal with Nars Almande & LA Girl pro conceal in Fawn. You can use a shade or 2 lighter than yourself to draw light to the highlighted areas.
4. Contour with Kiko foundation stick & Covergirl Ebony bronzer. You can use a bronzer, I love the bronzed look and it makes me look slimmer so #winning!
That highlight though girl!
I used the MUA unwhipped Velvet bronze in Majestic; its a lovely highlight on me and added the Kiko 208 eyeshadow as a highlighter.
That blush though!!! This is Mac Breath of Plum* and it is such a beautiful colour that gives me some rosyness on the old cheeks :) . And finally the Lips are Leather by Colourpop cosmetics; a similar colour is Mac Heroine lipstick or for a lovely nude lipgloss; I have been loving Mac Spice lipglass, will have to do a post with it.
So thankful with the lovely people at House of Fraser for sending me some makeup to play in and test out for you guys.
I also got braids for the summer and am loving styling them.
If you are follow me on Insta (@afeeyah), I tagged my stylist and if you live around west yorkshire or don't mind travelling she's the girl for you.
I hope you enjoyed this makeup and please give me requests for what you want to see next.
Please follow on insta as well (@afeeyah). am always on there and we can hang out, also am thinking on an insta giveaway soon.
Speak soon & let me know what you think of this makeup below.
Lots of love, Afeeyah xo