1. Get closer to God; as a girl I have grown to rely and depend on God because as humans we always get lost at some points in our lives and just the guidance from God has always helped me.
2. Read more books. I used to read A LOT of books but since I started uni I find myself to have stopped reading for leisure and only reading academic material. Well now uni is out of the way, I plan to read a few different kind of books (please leave any recommendations below). Knowledge is power.
3. Live and Laugh more. Most of us are always concerned about the future and most times fail to enjoy the now and this year I plan to do just that. Spend time with family, friends, laugh more, make a fool out of myself, do things I never would have done. Do more for others; GIVE (time, money, love etc).
I also want to go to a festival and a gig for the first time ever this year.
4. Travel oh travel; I really want to travel and experience new things, new people and new cultures. I think travelling doesn't have to be out of the country (am deffo leaving the country though lol) but even if you can go to somewhere you haven't been in the country you're in for a weekend, that still counts as travelling.
Ooh whisk me away to these places already.
5. Get fit and eat right.Get that right body girl; God help me cos sometimes I can get a bit lazy :(
urgh can I have this body please?
6. Get to know myself and become the lady/woman I am meant to be. Try different styles, be a little bit more daring; I never stick to a style of dressing; I wear whatever I like and whatever I think suits so more of that this year girl.
7. Increase my makeup collection, although I have a lot, you can never have enough makeup. I also plan to do more makeup related posts.
8. Invest in a designer item or 2. Every girl would love to own some loubs, chanel prada ysl michael kors bags or shoes so this year I want to start my designer collection as a treat to myself so am looking forward to that whether it's a pair of shoes, a bag, jewellery or even sunglasses.
9. Be more responsible; especially financially (I shall NOT be broke this year!!)
What Gossip Girl taught me. Sigh
10. Do different things with my hair; love my natural hair and play with it. Also play about with braids, weaves and everything. I love my natural hair but it is just so hard to deal with it because it's at the point where it's not short enough for short and not long enough for full buns but we shall get there. I been loving short hairstyles on people!
11. Last but not least; it true loves comes knocking; I hope I open the door and not slam it shut '__'
All images were taken from tumblr, weheartit, pinterest and blogs (links included)
Eek am so excited for this year and a little bit emotional right now lol. I am excited for the future yet very scared but you know you gotta make everyday count.
What are your resolutions? I can't wait to bring you along with me on this journey.
Baci (kisses in italian)