Sunday 2 February 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine ♥♥

Happy Sunday loves, how are we doing? I last blogged last sunday, it's been a hectic week but the real trajedy is that I do not own a laptop at the moment; you remember I got a new Sony Vaio and I was so chuffed about it; well it was a big mistake cos there seems to be some technical issue with it as it kept disconnecting from my internet and freezing every time I opened a tab. Real problem for me espescially as a blogger. 
Anyways onto today's post; these are products I use on my face when it's a makeup day cos I have at least 3 #nomakeup days a week.
Although I worked on a makeup counter for almost a year, I am that person that loves the natural look and can't be asked with a lot of products so this look can be easily easily reproduced.

As I said I like a really simple look so true to fashion, I am sporting a no eyeshadow look today. I start my look with my Smashbox primer in Light; this is the water based version so it's very light.
Whilst I allow my primer to soak in I work on my eyebrows; all I do is use an eyebrow pencil from MUA to trace the shape of my brows; I have my eyes on the Anastasia dipbrow pomade at the moment though...I then use my Mac concealer to shape it if needed.
I then use the kiko concealer I purchased in italy last summer to touch on a few dark sport around my chin, I use my finger to blend it in and the reason I do this is because I don't want to pile on the foundation so this covers up the spots before the foundation so it smoothes it out.
I then go in with my foundation and my love at the moment is my Nars sheer matte foundation in New Guinea; it was just made for me and I love it so much. A pump is enough for my face and sometimes I add another pump for more coverage but I usually stop at 1 pump so that it looks more like skin.
At this point, I will put my eyeliner on or eyeshadow (which wasn't the case today) because I like to do eyes before my concealer and I used the L'oreal gel liner which I adore and my Bourjois mascara which I reviewed. I only put half a coat lol because I really don't have the time or patience to spend ages on mascara. 
It's now highlighting and contouring time; my fave, so I start off by adding my Maybelline Fit Me concealer and my Mac prep + prime highlighter (I combine these 2 for a perfect highlight) under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose and a little bit on my chin. This just helps to highlight the the center of your face and give you a healthy glow as you can see in this rare picture of me smiling. I then dab with my brush (it's pretty important to dab) my Collection loose powder on the areas I highlighted and this basically sets the concealer so it doesn't move around all day. 
I then contour with my sleek face form/contour kit in the hollows of my cheek and blend upwards; I also contour on my temples and chin in a 3 form. This just adds shape to your face gives the illusion; combined with the highlight, of a slimmer face with cheekbones.
It's blush time; the blush I chose today was Nars blush in seduction which I love and it was in my latest haul. It is so beautiful on my skin tone and a little goes a long way; damn you Nars you stole my heart and my money. I then put my fave highlighter Gold Deposit just above my blush and I use just a little bit as although it is winter I like a bit of a glow but not too much; check out my highlighting post here.
My lip colours change depending on my mood; so going along with the very natural look I opted for Mac's creemsheen lipstick in Creme in your coffee and I lined my lips with the faithful Mac lipliner in Cork as you do.
I then go back and brush any excess from my highlighter and set my whole face with my MAC mineralise skin finish powder in Deep Dark, this finishes off the whole look and adds a bit of an airbrushed finish.
To top everything off I spray some Mac charged water (interchangeable with Mac fix + ) to give it a natural look and prevent it from looking cakey and/or powdery.
Hope you enjoyed this post; I love to see what people use and how they do their makeup so I hope this was informative; I shall also start uploading makeup looks so I thought a quick introduction will allow you to know what I use for my face .
Wishing each and everyone of you a lovely week and I hope to see you soon.
Afeeyah xo

Be happy ~ Be bright ~ Be you 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. You have beautiful skin! Skin care post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!
    fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com

    Xoxo,
    Demondi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup looks natural and beautiful!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing a giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out. I'm now following you :)

    http://lookbranche.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do love your makeup! Looks flawless xx
    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so pretty! Your hair is so amazing!

    www.stylecastle.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so beautiful and your skin is immaculate. Great make-up! X

    www.JenniferNoir.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments and if you like this blog then please follow :)

© Fashion, Beauty & Me. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig